Whether you have a blog, a website you need content for, or you’re just looking for ideas for social media posts, these 20 ideas will really save you from getting stuck.
Your first few posts are easy enough to come up with ideas for, but when you need a content week in, week out, you need a constant stream of creative ideas to keep up.
The following list of 20 content ideas will keep your site fresh and updated, with plenty of varied content ideas to keep your visitors engaged.
- 1. Write a “How To” post
- 2. Shoot a video of your own
- 3. Write a post for newbies
- 4. Have a good ramble
- 5. Bust a Myth
- 6. Tell an entertaining and educational story
- 7. Create An Ultimate Guide.
- 8. Solve a problem
- 9. Review a product
- 10. Top X Lists
- 11. Comment on a news event in your niche
- 12. Blog about a personal experience
- 13. Create a checklist post
- 14. Give away an eBook
- 15. Interview someone from your industry
- 16. Create an expert roundup post
- 17. Create a Content Curation Roundup Post
- 18. Create a post on trends and predictions in your niche
- 19. Write a follow-up on your most popular posts
- 20. Post an infographic
- Summary . . .
1. Write a “How To” post
People search online for information. They’re looking for solutions to problems. Help them with walkthroughs, or step-by-step tutorials and you’ll breed raving fans.
If you think about it, virtually every ebook for sale is a tutorial for something, so free, in-depth info on a specific niche is always popular. Fill your blog with this kind of content and you’ll always have visitors.
- How to use aged domains for SEO [COMPLETE GUIDE]
- How to Use Social Data to Launch a Successful Marketing Campaign
- How to Build Rock Solid Relationships with Influencers
- How To Create A Content Marketing Strategy For Your Startup
- How to Connect Stripe with Your Payment Forms in 3 Easy Steps
2. Shoot a video of your own
If you don’t mind appearing on video, it can be a great trust builder. People love to see a blogger’s face rather than just read their words and you’re more likely to build a rapport with your audience.
And remember, trust and rapport will both help you sell more.
You could record yourself explaining something, just like in a post, sharing a niche story, a new product, or a successful technique. In other words, anything you would normally write about, you can speak about on a video.
Alternatively, you can use PowerPoint to make your slides and talk over it or add music, then convert it into a video. That way if you’re shy, you don’t have to appear in person.
- How to Write a Blog Post From Start to Finish – Neil Patel
- How to Make 100 Pieces of Content in a Day – Gary Vee
- How Long Does SEO Take to Work? – Craig Campbell
3. Write a post for newbies
Newbies have lots of questions they need answering, as everything is obviously new to them. Help them by answering the questions that beginners often ask.
This is a great way to lead them to your own problem-solving product or an affiliate product.
- 10+ Unique Ways to Get Free Content for Your Blog
- CPA Marketing for Beginners [Full 2020 Guide]
- The beginners’ guide to dropshipping with Shopify: The Fashion edition
- How to Build an Email List for Beginners
- 10 Influencer Marketing Mistakes You Should Absolutely Avoid
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginners [Complete Guide]
4. Have a good ramble
Sometimes it’s great to just talk aimlessly and passionately about your subject. Include some real food for thought and actionable tips and you’ll have a great post.
- What writing more than 1000 blog posts have taught me
- How I spent $1500 on BlackFriday Internet Marketing Deals
- Find out Why MoneyMakerGroup and TalkGold have been closed
5. Bust a Myth
Are there any commonly held beliefs in your niche, which simply aren’t true? Expose them! People love to feel they’re ‘In the know’ and have info others don’t.
- Can You submit the Same Guest Post on Different Websites?
- 8 Common Link Building Myths That Are Holding Back Your Website
- 200 Google Ranking Factors List is a myth?
6. Tell an entertaining and educational story
Have you got an interesting or entertaining story based on something to do with your niche?
Tell your readers about it.
- Top 10 Marketing Disasters Of All Times
- What a Decade of Working in Digital Marketing Has Taught Me
- Why We Rebranded (and the Lessons Learnt Along the Way)
7. Create An Ultimate Guide.
Write up an ultimate guide to something in your industry. Teach people the tricks of the trade. They’ll be super thankful.
- Email Marketing Campaign Guide for E-commerce [15 Steps]
- Content Creation Process [Epic Guide]
- Ultimate Guest Posting Guide for 2020
- Ecommerce Content Strategy Complete Guide 
- How to create an expert roundup [Complete Guide]
8. Solve a problem
If there are issues that people in your niche struggle with, write about them, examine them, and give your readers the solutions they need. If you can tie this into an affiliate product you’re promoting, even better.
- All You Need to Know About Mobile-First Indexing
- 10 Win Back Email Examples (Plus How to Launch Your Own)
- Sending a prospect an initial email? Make a first impression that lasts
- Why is my blog slow? 10 possible reasons
- How to pass a Marijuana drug test
9. Review a product
Product reviews are some of the best content you can have on your website. Millions of people are looking for reviews on various products and, the important thing is, if someone is looking for a product review, they are very close to buying.
- Outreach.buzz Review and Tutorial
- 7 top drag & drop page builders for WordPress: Which is best?
- SEMrush Review & Tutorial 2020
- SEO PowerSuite Review
- MyLead Affiliate Network Review
10. Top X Lists
People like lists as they are easy to read and benefit from. You can have things such as “Top 10 ways to get traffic to your blog”, “Best 20 WP themes for 2020” or “10 best health affiliate programs”.
- Top 10 Outsourcing Websites to Hire and Get Hired
- 10 Reasons Why You Need SEO Services for your Brand
- 10 Best WordPress Booking Plugins
- 10 Tips on How to Find Paid Blogging Jobs
- 10 Tips To Choose The Best WordPress Theme [CHECKLIST]
- 21 Best Affiliate Marketing Networks for 2021
- 200 Free Link Building Places for the Beginners [17 Categories]
11. Comment on a news event in your niche
People love to keep up with the latest news in their niche. They like to read different interpretations of news events, so keep your finger on the pulse in your niche and look out for news you can report on.
Give your view, offer advice, tell them what to do, and so on and you’ll build fans who will spend money with you.
- Google’s January 2020 Core Update Has Rolled Out — What’s Next?
- NRF 2020 Recap: Introducing Personalized Commerce
- Featured Snippet Update: Deduplication and Other Info You Need to Know
12. Blog about a personal experience
Did you try something that worked exceptionally well, or failed terribly? Does it directly relate to something your visitors are doing or might be doing? Tell them about it.
- Harsh Agrawal: My Blogging Journey So Far
- Interview with the Swiss high-class escort model Fiona
- 10 Insights From A 10+ Year Career In SEO
- Top 3 Things I learnt in the last 3 Years of Niche Marketing
- 5 Lessons from Selling a Multi-Million Dollar WordPress Plugin Business
- Income report: How much does an inactive blog make in a month?
13. Create a checklist post
There is plenty of information online about almost any possible subject you may think of. In this ocean of information, the readers are looking for content that is succinct and applicable and can be followed step by step to obtain results. That’s why checklists are very appreciated. You may create a new checklist article or add a checklist to an existing one.
- Complete SEO Checklist [35 Tips]
- The Ultimate On-Page SEO Checklist For 2020
- E-commerce SEO Checklist
- 47 Things you have to do before starting a blog [Free Checklist]
- 60+ link building techniques checklist [2020 update]
14. Give away an eBook
You can use ebooks for more than one purpose. You could have one as a free download for joining your subscriber list, or a simple link to download from a page on your website.
You can even build a page of downloadable ebooks to give your visitors more choice. Make sure you have your affiliate links in them, or giving them away won’t gain you much.
However, if you have your links in there and tell the people you give the ebook to that they can also give it away, lots of copies of your links will be out there.
- Hubspot Ebooks on blogging
- SemRush Ebooks on Digital marketing
- Shopify Ebooks on Ecommerce
- Best SEO tutorial for Entrepreneurs
15. Interview someone from your industry
Interviews are a great way to build connections in your industry and get insights from your peers. It provides exposure for the person you interview and great content for your blog. It can be a text interview, video or audio (podcast).
- Interview with Neil Patel
- Digital Nomad to Building up a Digital Team in South Africa
- Interview with Craig Campbell, SEO Expert
- Interview with Rand Fishkin – Founder of Moz
16. Create an expert roundup post
Hosting an expert roundup post on your blog is an awesome way to get massive traffic. Also, you will get in touch with many big players from your industry hopefully you will start some good connection with them.
The downside is that there is a reasonable amount of time and work you have to put in creating and promotion an expert roundup. We documented the creation of an expert roundup process, previously on Outreach.buzz blog.
- 55 Content Marketing Experts Roundup
- 20+ Experts Share Their Best Tips on competing against E-Commerce Giants using SEO
- 65 Social Media Experts Share their Tips & Tricks
- Affiliate Marketing Tips for 2020: What Experts and Influencers Have to Say
- SEO Roundup: 30+ expert SEO tips (not only) for beginners
17. Create a Content Curation Roundup Post
We previously talked about expert roundup posts and now we are going to talk about normal roundup posts which are easier to create. You may create a roundup post of the latest news, people in the industry that your readers should follow, books you recommend, blog posts that should be read etc.
- 7 Female Entrepreneurs and Women in Business to Follow Throughout 2020
- Most Interesting Artificial Intelligence Experts to Follow
- Top CPA Networks in 2020
- Best SEO Tools for 2020
- 27 Must-Read Books For Every eCommerce Entrepreneur [+ Video Summaries]
18. Create a post on trends and predictions in your niche
Your readers want to know what are the trends in your niche as they don’t want to be surprised and have time to prepare. Also, this kind of posts get shared on social media and linked in newspapers bringing you a lot of visitors and backlinks. The downside is that it takes some extensive research you have to do but it’s worth it.
- Social Media Marketing Trends in 2020
- 10 Cybersecurity Predictions for 2020
- Top 10 Technology Trends To Bring Changes in 2019
- Marketing Trends for 2020: Here’s What Will Happen That Nobody is Talking About
- 9 Influencer Marketing Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2020
19. Write a follow-up on your most popular posts
It’s a great idea to keep adding more content to your most popular posts. You can add new points, updates, etc and your posts will keep growing in length. And that’s good for your search engine results.
Google loves long, updated content, simply because its users do.
- How to Start a Forum and Make Money in 2020
- 60+ link building techniques checklist [2020 update]
- 7+ Best WordPress Review Plugins & Review Themes: 2020 Edition
20. Post an infographic
Infographics are incredibly popular now, as they are a great way to display and share info. Try listing statistics, data, and information, then put it in an attractive graphical form.
Infographics can also go viral, as many people share them because they are so useful and digestible.
- Social Media and Generations (Infographic)
- How Instagram, Airbnb, Pinterest and Twitter started. [Awesome Tips for Entrepreneurs]
- Video Marketing: Can It Honestly Help Your Brand? (Infographic + 4 Tips)
Summary . . .
You need constant new content for your blog and these 20 ideas can really help give you direction when you’re running out of ideas.
Constant, regular, quality content is incredibly important to attract both the search engines and in turn, targeted visitors, who will hopefully spend their money with you.
Try some of these yourself and keep rolling out the most successful. You’ll never be stuck again.